Sunday 25 April 2021

Mica Express - Brisbane CBD


With the office crowds starting to come back to the City, it's hardly a surprise that cafes have started to open again. Very recently, Mica (sister store to King Street Bakery) opened an express pop up in MacArthur Central, a stone's throw away from my workplace. Keen on supporting local ventures, I popped down for some lunch.



Arriving early, there was quite an assortment of sandwiches, pastries and hot food, given the amount of people lining up, I suspect that this would have sold out later in the afternoon. Prices were moderately high, but in line with what you would expect in the city.


The line didn't take long and before I knew it I was back at the office with my bag of goodies.


This was their Chicken Baguette. Appearance wise it reminded me quite a bit of my favourite one from Le Bon Choix. Sadly it fell short on a few elements. The Baguette was very hard and chewy, cutting into my mouth as I bit into it. I wish they had an option of toasting it too, rather than just having it cold. The chicken was ample but the sauce was a little bland and lacked the tang that I get from LBC. 
 

For my dessert, picked up a Pain Au Chocolat. This was very delicious with a light and flakey texture that wasn't overly dry but also wasn't too moist. There was a good amount of chocolate in it and the croissant itself was large enough to satisfy my cravings. Would be back for the pastries again.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7/10
Value:  6/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10  

Mica Express Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment