Wednesday 28 April 2021

Zhangliang Malatang - Sunnybank


Had a mid week catch up with a friend for some serious talks and was keen on a quick and easy dinner to round off the night. We stumbled on ZhangLiang Malatang which had been open for a while in Sunnybank plaza. 


One of my favourite elements of malatang is the ability to choose your own ingredients. Unfortunately because of the recent covid scare, they've stopped you from being able to do this. Instead you can as their staff to pick ingredients that you chose. This obviously leads to confusion over the quantities of ingredients when asked.


As usual, I took my haul over to the counter and had it weighed up before paying and getting a number for our order.



As I had mentioned, not being able to grab ingredients yourself leads to quantity issues. This is how Queen V ended up with a 1kg bowl which she struggled to finish. The ingredients were adequate and the tomato soup was fine but portions were definitely in need of improvement.


I was more careful when ordering and requested a set number of pieces of ingredients. I also had their signature bone soup with no spice. The meat was cooked through and quite chewy, I had made a point to avoid their rolled meat that evening because it was exceptionally fatty. Other ingredients were fairly standard compared to regular Malatang places. The soup was strong tasting but quite artificial. There was notably an extremely small sauce station which didn't really meet my needs. Given the choices in the area, I probably won't be back.

Price Range: $18 - $36pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 8/10
 

Zhangliang Malatang Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment