Saturday 12 June 2021

Tokyo Premium Curry - Brisbane CBD


Readers may have realised by now that I'm not exactly the hugest fan of curry. If friends order it, I'll have some, but my spice tolerance isn't too high, nor am I a particular fan of the flavour profile. It is for that reason that it's taken me months to go try out Tokyo Premium Curry in Wintergarden, also by Hanaichi group. 



With the menu strategically placed outside the restaurant, it allowed easy browsing which was handy especially because I couldn't seem to find the menu online. 






Ordering at the counter, I was given a number and found a seat. Was pleased to see the note behind the sign for free top ups for rice and noodles upon request.


Trying out some non curry options for the time being, I settled on the special Tonkatsu Set. It came with one piece of pork in panko crumb, some rice (complimentary refill upon request) miso and salad. Having had my fair share of tonkatsu throughout the years, I can definitely say that this was one of the better ones. The ratio of meat to batter was really good to allow me to appreciate the tastes of the meat without any reduction to the crunch of the pork chop. The batter was also crispy without being oily, which is a big plus in my opinion, it went really well with the complimentary horseradish. The salad was also crunchy and fresh. The rice had a good mouthfeel and consistency as well, I definitely consider this to be one of the more superior meals in the city and will be back to try out their other options soon.

Price Range:  $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Tokyo Premium Curry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment