Thursday 3 June 2021

Woka Woka Vegetarian Fusion - Sunnybank


Last week, I was abruptly struck down by the flu. Having spent a considerable amount of time stuck at home and in bed, I was keen to eat something that wasn't too unhealthy and wouldn't make my sore throat worse. Reminding myself of the fairly newly opened vegetarian version of Woka Woka, I thought it would be a good opportunity to try it out.




Being true to it's name, it was filled with Hong Kong style dishes such as baked rice and spaghetti along with standard noodle and rice dishes. Notably the menu lacked drink options although that's fairly understandable when competing with a plethora of bubble tea shops in the vicinity. It was fairly hard to get the attention of staff but they were friendly. 



Our first shared main was the Deep Fried Pork Chop Udon Soup with a Herbal Broth. The pork chop was comprised of a soy based pattie. It was reasonably well seasoned with salt and pepper and then deep fried, it was crunchy and filling. I really enjoyed the herbal broth which was extremely fragrant but it could have been a little more salted. The additions of mushrooms and veggies to the udon was nice and the noodles were just the right texture. I quite enjoyed this dish.



Despite having a sore throat, I still went for a serve of the Taiwanese Salt and Pepper Popcorn Chicken. It probably set back my recovery by a few days but I have no regrets. The portion was large for a side and very generous. Like most asian faux meat dishes, it was made from a soy base and textured in a way to imitate strands of meat. Deep fried and then coated with a generous amount of salt and pepper, I really enjoyed it, Dr L also said this was his favourite dish of the night. 


Our last main to share was the Creamy Sauce Cheesy Baked Spaghetti with Fish Fillet. I was especially keen to see how their take on fish fillet would turn out. Every other element was exactly the same as you would expect from any other Woka Woka. The spaghetti was store bought, leaned towards the soft side, the sauce was rich and cheesy with some mushrooms on the top. The fish fillet didn't taste as much like a fish fillet but more like a fish pattie that you would get in hot pot, it wasn't flakey in any way but was a little bit chewy. Was an interesting dish and I'd be keen to come back and try more from their menu.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Woka Woka Vegetarian Fusion Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment