Wednesday 30 June 2021

Wara Sushi - Brisbane CBD


Was running an errand in the city on my lunch break when I noticed the opening of another sushi store, this time in the lower ground floor of McArthur Central. Coming from the Wara Sushi chain, which I had previously tried in Newstead, I was curious and interested to try out this store.


Serving not just sushi, they also had pre made rice bowls as well as some fried goodies. Apparently they also had Japanese style hot dogs, but I didn't notice any on the day I was there. Service was fast, which is always great.


I ended up with three sushi rolls and a singular piece of nigiri to go. The topping to rice ratio was quite good but the quality was somewhat lacking. The salmon was generous but the texture was surprisingly chewy the whole piece fell out when I bit into it. The avocado was fresh but thinly sliced. Surprisingly the rice was also a bit raw and undercooked, with considerable bite when chewing. The prawn and chicken were well battered and crunchy but didn't have much flavour to it, which I was able to rectify with soy sauce. I did find the crab nigiri to be quite delicious but not very good value for money. Given the alternatives in the city, I dont think I'll be back anytime soon.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 5/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10
 

Wara Sushi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment