Saturday 14 August 2021

Sprout - Fortitude Valley


Have had a couple of readers query what I meant about bread lines outside of lockdown. So this post hopefully demonstrates it. I went to Sprout Artisan Bakery on a whim the weekend before lockdown, whilst Dr L was at work and I was free to do some window shopping in the valley before grabbing a quick bite for lunch. I had thought that it would be quiet at Sprout given that it was already 11.30 in the morning, after the early morning bread rush, but to my surprise there was still a considerable line to get in.





I managed to get in after about 20 minutes and it was abundantly clear why they were so popular. The display alone was a feast for my eyes. It was very unfortunate that I only had one stomach and a dinner to eat, otherwise I would have ordered a lot more than I did.



 

Despite having inside seating, these were unavailable due to current restrictions, so I had to settle with sitting outside. I went with the Croissant Toastie, which I hadn't seen in any other bakery in town. It was a delicious flaky triangle of goodness, toasted and filled with bocconcini and prosciutto. The prosciutto was definitely salty and thankfully they didn't have too many slices in the toastie, but it balanced out with the lighter cheese and pastry. It was a tad oily but not too dry on the outside and I really enjoyed the layered textures. I'll definitely be back to try more of their selection. 

Price Range: $10 -$20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 5/10


 

No comments:

Post a Comment