Monday 23 August 2021

Sushi On - Brisbane CBD


As mentioned in my previous post, there has been considerable turnover of restaurants and cafes in the city, to this point I thought it would be good to take a walk around Gresham lane to see what was new in the area. What really caught my attention was the novel collaboration between PJs Steaks and Sushi On, which has taken up the shopfront previously held by Melt Brothers quite a while ago. It was a very clever move for both stores to reduce overhead costs as well as sharing staffing costs. I had to go check it out.


Half the overhead menus were devoted to Sushi On and the other half to PJs Steaks. I was more interested in the Sushi On options and there was options including sushi, rice bowls and fried chicken, making quite a wide variety, especially for a shared shop front. I was tempted to go for a rice bowl with a side of potato gems from PJs Steaks but will probably try it next time instead.


I had the Salmon Avocado Don. This was executed to a very high standard, much to my surprise. The salmon was fresh, soft and fatty, extending the whole way around the bowl and covering the full portion of rice. The avocado was ripe and mellow whilst the two types of salad were very crispy and lightly seasoned. The tobiko, always a favourite of mine, also added a lot of crunch to the dish. I was really impressed by the quality of this dish and the value that it provided. I will definitely be back soon for more.
Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment