Saturday 18 December 2021

Bapman - Upper Mt Gravatt


In all honesty it has been some time since I've seen something new and been so enthused about it that I had to immediately go and check it out. But since I saw the initial photos and reviews of Bapman at Garden City, I knew I had to have it for my next brunch. So taking maximum advantage of Dr L's driving lessons, we drove to Garden City to pick up some food and take it home with us.



The menu was simple. There were only five brekky burgers and an assortment of coffees. I was keen to try them all but only settled for two of the five options. The food took a little while to prepare and it came in a super cute carry bag to go.


I only realised after ordering that they were doing a free coffee promo, so I ended up with four drinks instead of two. These were the small complementary lattes. Expertly made without acidity and not too bitter, they provided a caffeine hit that I desperately needed.

 

In terms of the drinks I actually ordered, I opted for a Cold Drip whilst Dr L had his Iced Chocolate. Cool and refreshing, it was a great contrast to the latte. Both drinks were equally smooth though and I really enjoyed it. He particularly liked the chocolate shavings in his iced chocolate.

 

Onto the main event, this was the Big Bap which contained pork and beef sausage patty, free range egg, American cheddar and relish. The buns that I had were probably the fluffiest buns I've had since I was last in Taiwan. Fluffy and squishy it perfectly encased the fillings which were juicy but not oily. In this burger the egg was cooked through, the meat patty was well seasoned and it was just executed perfectly.



Our other Bap was the Bacon Egg and Avo. The bun was just as good and fluffy with the added excitement of a runny yolk which the bun completely mopped up. There was a generous amount of seasoned avocado which was ripe and delicious along with some crispy fried bacon. Overall it was just simple food done well. I'll definitely be back soon to try the other options.

 
Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment