Monday 27 December 2021

Double Maker - Brisbane CBD


End of the year always gets busy, other than birthdays and Christmas parties its also a time to meet with friends who you really should have seen more in the year for a belated catch up. With this in mind, I made plans to meet up with a dear friend at Double Maker Coffee last week. It is at the old shopfront of Coffee Anthology along Margaret Street, no longer a close walk to my work, at least it wasn't too sunny that day and I didn't get too burnt.



Seating was more or less just like Coffee Anthology, and I opted for some indoor seating so we could get air conditioning, but the light was obviously not as nice for my photos. We were given a menu and ordered at the counter. I liked the Asian twist on a lot of traditional cafe dishes. As the cafe was quite empty, service was exceptionally fast.


First to arrive was my cold brew. It was strong and refreshing without being overly bitter. I liked it a lot, especially on such a hot day.


My companion ordered the Miso Beef Burger, this came with a side of slaw and a hash brown. The portions were generous and my companion enjoyed the burger. With it's nori puree and miso mayo, this is definitely my pick next time I come here.


Opting for something out of the ordinary, I had the Mushroom Bulgogi Fettucine. The beef was quite well done and I would have preferred it a little pink, but the sweet soy flavours were delicious. It was a nice contrast to the rich creamy pasta which was cooked a little softer than al dente, just the way I like it. Portions were generous and the dish was fantastic. I would definitely recommend Double Maker and look forward to coming back again soon.

Price Range: $15 - $30pp

Taste: 8/10
Value:  7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment