Saturday 3 January 2015

Cafe Brisbane - Brisbane CBD


With the end of 2014, a number of new restaurants opened in Brisbane Square. I had been meaning to try quite a few of them during the period between Christmas and New Year, however unfortunately every time I managed to go there, they were closed. Being the first working day after 2015, I had hoped to have better luck after the New Year. 


When I arrived, I was surprised to see that Cafe Brisbane was the only one open (other than the Coffee Club on the far side). That saved me from having to make the tough decision of which one to eat at. 

We had some confusion at the offset, because there was a sign at the entrance indicating to wait to be seated. My associate and myself waited by the sign for well over five minutes before deciding to sit down on our own accord, despite there only being several tables occupied at that time. 


After sitting down, service was quite attentive. We were given menus and water quite promptly.




My associate mentioned that the decor was quite unique, so here is a shot of the lights  
o(〃^▽^〃)o 


What I found interesting though, was the fact that there were two types of salt on the table. Initially, I thought that it was the usual salt and pepper. Upon closer inspection, the tub with the lid was chicken salt, while the grinder was the normal rock salt. 



My associate ordered the Reuben Sandwich. I note that with the uprise of American Cuisine in Brisbane, the Reuben Sandwich has been offered in quite a large number of new establishments. This was quite a traditional Reuben Sandwich, including rye bread, corned beef and sauerkraut and swiss cheese. Despite the heat, the sandwich was nice and toasty, and the chips were nice and fresh. 


I ordered the double cheese burger. I was a bit disappointed that the bun was not toasted, in fact it was a bit cold (in the summer heat). However the portion was quite generous, with ample amounts of patty and bacon ٩(^ᴗ^)۶, not to mention the cheese was melty and the lettuce was fresh. Whilst it was definitely not as good as the regular burger joints I frequent (Grilld, Miel...), for a cafe style burger, this was definitely not bad. 

I quite enjoyed my meal at Cafe Brisbane, its definitely good to see development happening in Brisbane Square, and I look forward to trying the remaining few restaurants there in 2015.


Price Range: $15 - $25 per person

Taste: 6/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10


Cafe Brisbane on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment