Monday 12 January 2015

Morrison Hotel: Fiasos Steakhouse - South Brisbane


Last month, I celebrated my birthday. Amongst other things, one of my dilemas was to choose where to hold my birthday dinner. With a craving for Steak, I was deciding between Breakfast Creek Hotel, Norman Hotel and Morrison Hotel. In the end, Morrison won out due to its relative accessibility. Having recently walked to Wagaya and back from the CBD, I thought it would be an easy job to walk to Morrison Hotel. I was wrong. It was an exhausting walk. 


Having made a reservation earlier on, we were promptly served and given a table.


The walls were decorated with interesting quotes (the dim lighting meant my camera didnt capture it very well...)


The menu consisted of two pages, one being purely dedicated to steak, and the other side had a selection of pizza, other mains and sides.





After the long walk, we were quickly provided with table water to drink whilst making a decision on what to order.



My friend ordered the Crispy Pork Belly. As it was set down, I noted how it looked remarkably like the roast pork that one orders in those Hong Kong style BBQ places. Luckily for me, I also got to taste it, and it was just as good. The meat was well flavoured despite being very thick, and the skin was crunchy without being overly hard.


My other friend ordered the Barramundi and Chips. Apparently the batter was light, both the fish and chips were crunchy and the fish was nice and fresh.


Whilst my two companions didnt order steak, it was the main reason why I had gone to Morrisons. I ordered the Rib Eye on the bone, with chips and caesar salad and pepper sauce. The steak itself was wonderful, cooked rare, just the way I like it. It was tender and juicy, but not overly fatty. The texture was particularly nice, just as you would expect from one of the best steakhouses in Brisbane. However I do think the salad could have done with more sauce and bacon bits though.



During the meal, we also ordered drinks, my Watermelon Cucumber Cooler was wonderfully refreshing in the summer heat.

I had a wonderful birthday dinner at Morrisons, and really enjoyed my time there.

Price Range: $25 - $50 per person

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Morrison Hotel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment