Friday 30 January 2015

Cafe Madeline - Sunnybank


One afternoon, I found myself very hungry and wandering around Sunnybank Plaza. I didnt feel like the average afternoon tea sets, and found myself outside of Cafe Madeline, next to the cinemas. During the afternoon, they offered a pasta set, which was just what I was looking for. 

Upon ordering, there was a short wait and the garlic bread arrived. Toast/Garlic Bread is one of the few things that I am very pedantic about. In my opinion, the best one I've ever had was in David's Sizzling Steak up in Little Taipei before they changed management. To achieve a good slice of Toast/Garlic Bread, the bread needs to be crisp and crunchy on the outside without being hard, but soft and fluffy on the inside. The butter and garlic on the top must also have melted, and I also have a preference for thick cut bread to further emphasize the softness inside. 
Whilst the garlic bread at Cafe Madeline was hot, and the garlic butter had melted on top, I found the bread not soft enough on the inside, whilst the outside was quite hard.


Our mains arrived next, my associate had ordered the creamy seafood pasta, which was served on a little fry pan. Whilst the seafood pasta did contain a large assortment of seafood, including fish, octopus, mussels and prawns, the quantity was very lacking. I found the sauce to be very creamy though.



Next came my dish of Carbonara. I as above, the sauce was really creamy, and in this instance also very cheesy. Although the portion was quite small, I found it to have an ample amount of bacon, and the little tomatoes on top gave it a little bit of extra zing. 

Price Range: $10 - $15 per person

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 5/10 (portions really need to be bigger)
Service: 6/10
Environment: 7/10


Cafe Madeleine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment