Thursday 8 October 2015

Arriverderci - Milton


A couple years ago, a friend invited me to a birthday party at Milton to have pizza. Being busy that day, I politely declined. Little did I know that the venue he had planned actually did metre long pizzas. Having only found that out several weeks ago, I headed off with a bunch of friends to try it out, especially after it won Brisbane's best pizza  back in 2014.

The restaurant itself was very much soccer themed, with flags of the world pinned up on the ceiling and jerseys pinned onto the wall.


On the back wall, you can see the different pizza size offerings, ranging from 25 cm squares to 1 metre pizzas.



Of note, the tablecloth is the traditional red and white checkers, like Between the four of us, we shared one metre long pizza, which had a half and half mix of BBQ chicken and marinated beef.


This was the BBQ chicken, which also had mushrooms and onion. I found it to be very mild in taste, with the chicken and mushroom complementing each other very well (both were light in taste and neither overpowered the other). I would have preferred it to have a few more herbs to add to the taste though. The base was thicker than pizzas I've had at at Sugo Mi and Alfredo's, it was a bit more like the classic crust type pizza that we've had in fast food pizza joints.


On comparison, the marinated beef pizza was far more flavoursome and tasty. Having roasted capsicum and garlic, it packed far more zing. I also found that it had a lot less toppings than expected per the menu photos though. 

I was really keen to try out pizza at Arriverderci mainly for the novelty of the metre long pizza, but having tried it out, there are many better tasting pizzas out there which I would much prefer, especially given the price, though I imagine that with the soccer themed decor, it would be a wonderful place to watch games with friends.

Price Range: $15 - $20 per person

Taste: 6/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10



Arrivederci Pizzeria Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment