Wednesday 14 October 2015

Mint Buffet - Sunnybank


One of the most iconic restaurants in Sunnybank was without a doubt Buffet Garden. It had been there as long as I could remember, but a year or so ago, it closed down and in its place, Mint Buffet opened.

I was quite intrigued by this place because you couldn't look into the restaurant like you used to be able to, and prices had increased quite significantly from Buffet Garden. Nevertheless, our interest got the better of us, and for the price of $48pp, we went to try out the seafood dinner. As usual for my buffet posts, I will keep commentary to the minimum.


We had booked for the evening and were promptly seated.


For the seafood dinner, there was quite a bit of seafood on offer, oysters, prawns and mussels.


Whilst my companions complained that the oysters were a bit small, I made the point to them that as they were unlimited, they could have as many as they wanted.


 

There were also two soups that evening, an Asian hot and sour soup and a Western pumpkin soup. The hot and sour soup really didn't work for me as it was bland and the colour was a bit off from what I am used to having, but the pumpkin soup was still rather delicious. 



An assortment of fried dishes were up for picking, not unlike buffet garden, they had chips, spring rolls and other fried goods. Sushi was cold and although better than other buffets that I've had, I would have expected a bit better from a Sunnybank store. What I was really impressed with was the fact the buffet included roast duck, which I had quite a bit of throughout the night.




Other things they had on offer was salads and roast beef like they used to have in buffet garden. In all honesty, I found the quality to be pretty much the same as before.


Desserts were quite impressive, there were a number of options including tiramisu, strawberry sponge, cramel cake, egg roll, brownies and creme brulee. The sponge cakes were relatively smooth, but not particularly outstanding. I've had better. Aside from cakes, I note they also have some soft serve froyos. That evening, they had strawberry and coconut flavour (not vanilla), both were quite mild in taste.
Whilst Mint Buffet is a clear step up from Buffet Garden, its worth the novelty in going to satisfy your curiosity, but in terms of value for money, I would not be rushing back with much urgency. 

Price Range: $24 - $48pp

Taste: 5/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 5/10
Environment: 7/10

Mint Buffet Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment