Saturday 19 December 2015

Gelare - Southbank


Having gone to an early dinner with some friends one night, I found myself still hungry. After enjoying the riverside walkway, we found ourselves wanting something sweet. Faced with multiple options, we settled on Gelare on Grey Street.


The display was very captivating, with sundaes, waffles and pancakes as well as drinks. 


We ordered via counter service, and were given a number.


Between my friend and I, we shared the super treat, which consisted of a large waffle with two scoops of ice cream, in this instance, we had mocha and matcha. I really enjoyed the mocha ice cream, the chocolate chips were crunchy and ample, whilst the ice cream was smooth and rich. I couldn't say the same for the matcha one though, which was apparently vegan. It was very watery and sweet, which made me quite put off. On the other hand, the reason why I always opt for waffles at gelare is because they are freshly made and delicious, particularly because they are soft and warm, whilst not being coated with sugar.


I also had a cappuccino, which turned out a bit burnt and acidic for my liking, which ruined the coffee, despite the fact that  the milk was creamy and the coffee was strong.



Price Range: $10 - $15pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Click to add a blog post for Geláre on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment