Wednesday 2 December 2015

Re PIT - Brisbane CBD


Hidden inside the alleyway that is Elizabeth Arcade, there is a Taiwanese Tea stall that has been branching out to sell full meals and snacks in recent years. Given the rise of the larger tea chains such as ChaTime and Gong Cha, I think it's a real indication of re PIT's following that its been able to not be eclipsed by other tea stalls. 


Being a big fan of Taiwanese Cuisine, my companion and I decided to try it out before watching Spectre (which we did enjoy, despite the cliche storyline). The sign on the door gave a good indication of the types of food on offer, consisting of very traditional Taiwanese meals. By the looks of the patrons, I was pretty sure I found something quite authentic.


The food menu was short, consisting of only one page, as opposed to the three page drinks menu. Seats are very limited, and we were very lucky to get one of the three tables inside.


Between the two of us, we shared two mains and one side. This was the Beef Noodle Soup. It had quite a substantial serving size, but I found it to be quite average in quality. The noodles were store bought (I could see that the purchased the same brand that I eat at home actually), and whilst the beef was nice and tender, the any mild flavours that the soup would have had, was eclipsed by its spiciness. Whilst it was a solid effort in Brisbane, having tasted the authentic dishes in Taiwan, this definitely could not compete.  


The other main my companion and I shared was the pork chop noodle. I was quite surprised when it was brought out, as I was expecting pork chop noodles soup. After revising the menu, I realised that it made not mention of soup. I really liked the pork, which was thinly cut and thinly battered so that I would get a good appreciation of the texture and taste of the pork. The noodles though, were like the beef noodles and were the type I had at home. The sauce wasn't too strong, and had a sweet and sour taste. The addition of pork mince added quite a bit of depth to the dish.


We also ordered a large chicken fillet to share between the two of us. Whilst it was similar, it was definitely far inferior to the chicken at hot star. The batter was also potato starch, but the fillet itself was merely a thigh fillet. In my opinion it could have been flattened a bit more, to have a bit better meat to batter ratio. Other than that, the seasoning was tasty, and the chicken was hot and crunchy.


Price Range: $10 - $20 per person

Taste: 6/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10
RE P.I.T. Tea & Juice Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment