Monday 29 February 2016

Sushia Bar - Brisbane CBD


Working near Eagle Street means that to and from work, I often walk through Queens Plaza. As a result, new things that open there are easy to catch my eye. An example of this is the Sushia fresh bar which opened on the ground level not long ago, and had me at the bright yellow decor and large variety of foods.


With a friend working nearby, we grabbed some sushi to eat at the foodcourt.


I was particularly impressed with the large variety of nigiri on offer. Last time I was overseas, I often frequented sushi bars which had individual nigiri for sale. This really reminded me of my trip, that is, up until I actually ate it. The whole sushi was quite cold, to the extent where the rice was quite hard, and the toppings lost their freshness. Whilst I understand that health requirements may require made sushi to be chilled, if they were freshly made on the spot, this would mean that the sushi could be room temperature.


Other than the nigiri, I also got a salmon bento, which consisted of another five salmon nigiri, and four pieces of salmon sushi. The salmon pieces, whilst fresh, and tolerable chilled, were very thinly sliced. As such, I found it to be rather disappointing.


My companion also ordered two large rolls for over $3 each. Again, they were both cold, and the rice harder than he would have liked. He found the aburi salmon to be particularly thinly sliced. 

Our meal at Sushia definitely satisfied a long term curiosity for food which had been on my mind for quite a while, however given the options available in Brisbane CBD, I would definitely be opting for Sushi Edo or Nigi Nigi instead.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 5/10

Sushia Fresh Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment