Monday 21 March 2016

Corbett & Claude - Brisbane CBD


Working in the city often means that one is inundated with choices when it comes to lunch. Often after being spoilt for choice for an extended period of time, laziness tends to dictate where I dine. That is why we decided to just head downstairs to Corbett & Claude, situated in an alleyway behind Elizabeth Street when I forgot my lunch. Since my getting a coffee at Mr Claude, this review has indeed been long overdue.


The decor was very rustic and had a definite Italian feel to it. We were promptly seated, and the waitress was one of the most efficient I have ever seen, which was a great help when you're pressed to finish a meal during the lunch hour.


Cutlery and sharing plates were provided very quickly, and our food came out within 15 minutes of ordering.


Between the two of us, we shared two mains and an entree, but the entree was so large, it seemed more like a main.


The "entree" was a garlic bread, which turned out to be more like a full sized pizza. It was covered with Parmesan, Rosemary and Seasalt. The cheese was surprisingly light, and complemented the garlic taste quite well. The pizza base whilst remaining quite thin, turned out to be quite substantial and filling. I would have enjoyed a bit more rosemary to add flavour to the dish though.


My companion, being a passionate lover of pasta, my companion ordered a pan fried linguine served with creamy mushroom sauce. Whilst the garlic bread was very big, I was surprised at how small the portion of pasta was. Interestingly as well, the pasta was served unsalted, so we had to hunt down a salt shaker and add it ourselves. Nevertheless, it had a decent portion of mushrooms, and I really enjoyed the texture of the pasta, which was not too soft and not too hard.


With the bread and pasta lacking in meat, I opted for the pizza which was closest to a "meat lovers", and settled on the "Top Paddock", which consisted of salami, turkey, ham and BBQ sauce. Indeed, my companion was asking me to toss in some meats to his pasta. Whilst the pasta itself was light and subtle with its flavouring, the pizza hit me head on with its overwhelming bbq sauce, spiciness of salami and saltiness of ham. As most of the ingredients were strongly flavoured, they still managed to strike a balance with each other. Again, the pizza base was very filling and substantial. 

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 8/10


Corbett & Claude Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment