Sunday 29 May 2016

Miel Container - Sunnybank


Without a doubt, most of my readers are avid foodies, and most of you would have heard that a new Miel Container had opened at Sunnybank's Market Square, between BBQ tempt and Little Singapore. Whilst it wasn't a shipping container like the original, it's decor is set up like we were in a shipping container.


Again, it's counter service, and I note that the menu is largely the same, with a few extra additions of snacks and drinks.


So we ordered, and were given a number. Despite the large amounts of tables and chairs available, we still had difficulty getting a seat due to its popularity. I note the cutlery on the table was exactly the same as the city.


What was evidently an improvement from the city store though, was the availability of water, as well as hand washing facilities within the restaurant, which is a great relief when you have burger juices running down your arm.


Our food came out soon after, which was quite quick considering how many people there were. 


My companion and I both ordered the same burger, being a make your own beef patty burger with a brioche bun, with cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion and aioli. 


Whilst I would have liked to come here with Burger Connoisseur to get his professional opinion, he's recently found true love and left me on my own to explore these new burger joints (if you're reading this, you better stop scuba diving!). Back to the burger, the bun was really fresh, with a crispy hot toasted exterior and a fluffy warm interior. The patty was flavoursome, but evidently thinner than the patties in the cbd store, which meant that it wasn't able to be cooked to medium rare as my preference. The salads were also fresh and generous in portion, and I loved how it mixed with the melty cheese. I also really liked how they were much more generous with the chips than the CBD store, and it was seasoned with quite a few more herbs. 



We also shared a portion of chicken and chips, which I believe was not available at the CBD store. Unfortunately we didn't like it as much as the burger. The portion was definitely generous, being more main size than entree size. The chicken though, tasted more like the frozen store bought variety than anything else, with its very thick very hard batter, and the lack of proper meat texture, it reminded me quite strongly of highschool canteen chicken patties in the sense that I could find more meaty sinews in a McNugget. It was topped with finely grated cheese, and some tangy dark bbq sauce, which I liked, and came with a very large portion of chips.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Miel Container Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment