Monday 19 September 2016

Dello Mano - Teneriffe


Last time when I was eating at At Sixes and Sevens, we ended up parking so far away, we ended up in Teneriffe. We parked along a little hill, and my attention was captivated by a quaint little cafe on the hill with vines all around the outside. Keeping it in my mind for another week or so, I did a bit of research and found that it did brunch on the weekend, so we headed there to try it out.


Whilst most people know that Dello Mano is famous for its brownies, cakes and other sweet treats, we headed there for breakfast.


Compared to the other brunch places I've been to. Their menu was very succinct and brief, but covered a surprisingly large variety of foods.






Under any other circumstances, I would have opted for the sweets on offer, but for the fact that it was breakfast, and I am one of those people who cannot stand to have an un-savoury breakfast.


Despite our initial impression that a table would have been hard to come by, there were actually quite a few vacant seats at the back of the restaurant, that were thankfully indoors.


The whole place was decked out with a very homey type of feel, and we could literally spend hours appreciating all the little trinkets and displays they had.


We ordered at the counter and were soon given a number. 


My very courageous companion ordered a Belgian hot chocolate, which was very rich and luxurious, but not too sweet for his taste. It was served in quite a large mug.

 

As usual, I got myself a cappuccino, and my companion, an iced latte. My cappuccino was generous in portion, and had rich and creamy milk, but could have been a bit stronger. The iced latte, could also be stronger, and was refreshingly chilled and quite milky in texture.


After quite a bit of a wait (and a bit of confusion when our food was served to another table), our food came. 


My brave companion ordered a very sweet breakfast, specifically the Belgian Pancake. Expecting a stack of pancakes, we were surprised to receive one albeit very very large pancake, topped with berry compote, fresh berries and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It turned out to be a very substantial meal, with the pancake being very puffy and fluffy on the inside, very strong flavoured jam and a reasonably generous amount of berries. Whilst my friend enjoyed it, he was unable to finish it in its entirety. 


My other companion and I ordered similar dishes. He ordered the basic "eggs your way".


I, on the other hand had the "eggs your way" with a side serve of avocado. Whilst it appeared toward the basic side, it was executed extremely well. The eggs leaned toward the raw side for sunny side up, but had a sufficiently crispy base. The bacon was super tasty, with a good 20-80 fat ratio, and caramelised to near perfection.  The sourdough slices were a bit smaller than what we were used to from Double Shot, but they were ample, and nicely toasted. The avocado was nice and ripe, but I think their presentation could have been a bit better, as quite a few of the black bits were still stuck to it and could have been cut off prior to serving.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service:8/10
Environment: 8/10

Dello Mano Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for calling by - very much appreciate it - I apologise for that avocado as that is normally not somehting we would do - my apology please if you are in let me know so I can make that issue a little sweeter with a brownie :) deb

    ReplyDelete