Tuesday 28 February 2017

Marchetti Cafe - Brisbane CBD


Being quite a fan of Dello Mano, I am often in Tatterstalls Arcade grabbing a sweet bite to eat. As mentioned, what I do find lacking in their City Menu is some savoury food options. Taking a peek around nearby lead me to the popular Marchetti Cafe, around the corner. Wanting a savoury lunch, I headed there after a particularly challenging day at work.


We were immediately greeted at the door by a small but quite full pastry cabinet. My companion was captivated by display, and grabbed one of the pastries.


I on the other hand, settled for a cooked lunch from their brief menu.


Being a counter service cafe, we ordered at the counter and were given a menu. We grabbed a bar seat which gave us good view of passers by outside. 


Our two coffees came quite promptly after ordering.


Whilst my companion's iced coffee wasn't on their regular menu, they made a special order and altered the iced latte to add in a scoop of ice cream. He really enjoyed this.


I had the cappuccino, it came in a little cup and looked rather quaint. Although I would have preferred a larger cup, it meant that the espresso to milk ratio was a little better, and the caffeine was a little more concentrated.


My companion picked a croissant from the pastry cabinet. Whilst he would have preferred it toasted, it was still sufficiently crispy and flaky for his tastes. Having said that, some sort of condiments would have been a nice addition.


Opting for a more hearty lunch, I had the ragu lasagne which came with a side salad and bread. I was surprised at the copious amount of soupy tomato in the dish, but this contrasted the ragu lasagne quite well, as it was quite dense with meat and pasta. Whilst I couldn't put my finger on it, it had quite a homey taste to it, which set it apart from other commercial lasagnes I've had in previous instances. The salad was lightly vinegared and quite tangy, whilst the bread was toasted and buttered but unfortunately cool, nevertheless, I quite enjoyed the meal.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10


Marchetti Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment