Monday 27 March 2017

La Casamia - Rosalie


Being quite the fan of cakes and pastries, one of my favourite places from before I started blogging was La Casamia, which used to have a store in the Sunnybank Hills area. Unfortunately they closed before I got my chance to review them. Fortunately for me though, I read Cino's mum's review and found out that they had reopened in Rosalie. After a disappointing dinner at the Normanby hotel nearby, I headed there for some dessert to satisfy my cravings.


Arriving at their shopfront, I was enthralled by the cakes on display, they were almost exactly as I had remembered years ago. 


We headed in and were immediately given a table. Service throughout the whole evening was very warm, attentive and gracious, which we really appreciated.




Two menus were provided for us that evening, a regular menu and their new light menu. Of course, I had already considered my options before even stepping through the front door, so it didn't take much deliberation before we ordered.


My companion ordered the English Breakfast tea, which came in a plunger, despite being a tea bag. She found it a little weaker than expected, but it grew in strength after steeping for a longer period of time.


I had the cappuccino in a mug, which was quite big, and had rich frothy foam. The coffee was also quite strong, which I liked.


Water was provided for us also.


Soon enough, our food came. First up came the Baked Alaska, ice cream surrounded by sponge cake wrapped in meringue which was then doused in alcohol and set alight. The flame was very captivating and we almost didn't want to blow it out. Digging inside, the meringue was light and sweet, whilst the sponge was soft and fluffy. The lingering heat of the meringue was stark contrast to the smooth cold ice cream. The little coloured pieces of candy on the outside were also absolutely adorable.


The other dessert we shared was the Tiraamisu en Glass, my favourite dessert of all time. It came impaled by a shard of sugar, and served with ice cream in a biscuit base, and sugared strawberries. The tiramisu was as good as I remembered it to be, with its smooth and rich mascarpone cheese, hint of espresso and strong cocoa on top, it brought back all my memories of the past. The biscuit base that the ice cream was in also deserves a special mention as it was really light and crispy. The strawberries were also fresh and delicious. Needless to say, I'll definitely have to come back soon and sample more from their menu.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 8/10

La Casamia Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment