Saturday 17 February 2018

Gong Cha - Sunnybank



So despite my personal preferences in bubble tea, there can be no doubt that there is a general consensus that the crowd favourite is Gong Cha. Be it the online reviews or public lineups outside the stores, Gong Cha is undoubtedly very popular. I guess that's why they considered a Market Square store viable despite the existing store at Sunnybank Plaza.


Wanting to avoid the queueing for a drink, I waited for the initial hype of buy one get one free to pass before cautiously making my way there to get a drink. 



Being located in market square I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious the store was and the abundance of seats both at the front and back of the shop. We ordered at the counter and was super pleased that there was no lineup (the line started the moment we sat down).



Our drinks were prepared quickly enough (far quicker than the Elizabeth street store). 

 

My companion opted for milk tea with grass jelly. He really enjoyed the crisp crunchy jelly, which was not as filling as his usual pearls. He also noted that the tea was fresh and fragrant, which he quite enjoyed. I had the Taiwanese green tea without sugar or ice as usual, to get a better appreciation of the essential tea flavours. I found the tea to lean to the stronger side of the spectrum with quite a bitterness to it which I appreciated, but this may not be a popular opinion. I found the bitterness so strong that to an extent it overwhelmed the tea fragrance, nevertheless it was a solid drink though not a favourite.


Price Range: $4 - $7pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10

Gong Cha Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment