Sunday 15 April 2018

Bread For You - Sunnybank


Had heard of the very popular Initial Tea, and took the chance to leave work earlier one Friday to try it out, but it turned out to be closed that day. Still hoping to indulge in some afternoon tea, I wandered around and found myself standing outside of Bread For You, so I went in to give it a try.


Like most Asian bakeries, the breads and cakes were available on a self serve basis. As usual, most of the varieties were sweet, with only a few savoury options. There were also a few individual sized cakes.


Paying at the counter, there were also a selection of cafe style drinks to be ordered, so in the absence of bubble tea, I settled on a matcha latte and a slice of honey chiffon instead.


Both were served up reasonably quickly. I was a little surprised that the honey chiffon was served still wrapped in plastic, despite my indications that I would be eating in the cafe.


The matcha latte came filled to the brim. The green had a little more yellow hue than other matcha latte's I've had in the past. Taste wise, it was surprisingly sweet for my palate, although very fragrant, it lacked the usual taste of matcha, making for a milky and rich, but somewhat flawed cup.


The honey chiffon, like the matcha, was also very sweet, but somewhat light on the honey flavour, rather being quite sugary instead. Having said that, it was sufficiently moist and fluffy with a good texture, which I did quite enjoy.


Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Bread for You Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment