Saturday 21 April 2018

Initial Tea - Sunnybank


It took a few tries, but finally I made my way to Initial Tea after an early dinner to get some post dinner drinks and hopefully a slice of the very popular watermelon cake, which I've seen so much of on  social media. Unfortunately for me. It turns out that this love affair was destined for failure. Despite arriving at 7pm, reasonably early on a Saturday night, we arrived to find that whilst the store was open, all the cakes were already completely sold out. Thus our plans were thwarted again and three girls had to go without dessert for the night.


Without dessert, at least there was tea (because if there wasn't, I wouldn't even be writing this). Drinks varied quite significantly from the usual options at Chatime and Gong Cha, to a focus on fruit tea and tea with milk foam, as is all the rage nowadays. There was also a noticeable lack of options for toppings.




Ordering at the counter, we got a seat and awaited our number. Decor was very beautiful, as can be seen on quite a few instagram feeds, and we appreciated the books available for browsing as we awaited our tea.


Our tea was made after only a short wait, my two companions ordering an Osmanthus Flower Oolong Tea with Milk Foam, and an Iced Lemon Tea. Both companions thoroughly enjoyed their tea. Trying out some of the milk foam oolong, I found it to be very rich and mildly sweet, which was very much to my taste. 


I had the Iced Lime Tea, which was very refreshing and cool. I liked the strong sharp tang of lime, and the fact that the tea wasn't overly sweet, but could have been more fragrant. Compared to other fruity teas I've had before though, it still wouldn't top my all time favourite orange tea, but it was still quite enjoyable.

Price Range: $5 - $7pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 5/10
Environment: 8/10

Initial Tea Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment