Saturday 19 May 2018

Fill the Bowl - Sunnybank


So despite the ongoing construction at Market Square, not only are all stores still open, but there are also a fair number of new openings in the area. A notable opening is Fill the Bowl, which took the space that used to hold Miel Container. Feeling the malatang itch once again, I decided to venture out and try this reasonably new restaurant.




As usual, we walked in and grabbed a plastic bowl and helped ourselves to the large variety of meats, vegetables, seafood and noodles. I noted the seafood looked quite fresh and captivating, there wasn't too many varieties of noodles to choose from, and the meat was definitely fattier than I would have liked. There were also a large amount of meatballs and fishballs to choose from though. As usual, we made our selection and put our order through at the counter. I note that compared to the Love Malatang at Runcorn, we could only choose between mild, regular and extra spicy soup. My companions who weren't very heat tolerant weren't too impressed at the lack of a non spicy option.



As usual, there was a DIY sauce counter. As usual, I went way overboard with the garlic and soy (which I'm sure my companions will no doubt appreciate later in the car).



Ordering three bowls, we had individual numbers as one does at malatang. Water was also obtained via self service.





Our food came quite promptly after. My companions both quite enjoyed their meals despite the initial spice, although they did comment that they prefer Love Malatang more. Personally, I found the ingredients to be well cooked, with a light spiciness. The crab meat was done well to be soft without disintegrating, the beef wasn't overdone, but still very fatty, the fish was flaky and crumbled well in my mouth. The tofu and mushrooms also had good texture, but the noodles were a little softer than I would have liked.


Price Range: $10 - $15pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Fill the Bowl Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment