Tuesday 12 June 2018

Madders Brother's Patisserie - Brisbane CBD


Dear readers, I found out roughly two weeks ago that heaven is indeed a real place. It exists and can be found on Edward Street in the CBD. Having noticed that a new patisserie was opening in the city when I walked past with Iron Fist a month or two ago, I kept an eye on the construction going on and waited with baited breath for its completion. After seeing the good news online, I decided to take a quick mid morning stroll out to get coffee and perhaps a treat. Being only a brisk 5 min walk away from work really means it is convenient and I can go fairly often.


The place was absolutely breathtaking, and to say I was bedazzled would be quite the understatement. Inside the glass cabinets were roughly twenty varieties of miniature cakes and tarts and quiches. 







Looking at all these delights, I knew finally I had found my happy place. It took me considerable restraint not to order one of every cake to take away with me, but in the end I had to settle for just two pieces for myself, and two mini quiches for Iron Fist.



These little bites of perfection were just a sight to behold. Iron Fist said he really enjoyed his bacon and onion quiche, and noted the strong nutty flavours of pumpkin, which were a nice addition to the usual. My skinny cappuccino was also fragrant and rich, but could have been a little stronger.


But without a doubt, the highlight for me was the cake. Without coffee or green tea themed options for me that day, I settled with something far more generic, starting with the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, it was super adorable with a chocolate moon and buttons on top. The cheesecake itself was smooth and rich, but considerably light, with a super strong vanilla fragrance to it. I really appreciated the fact that it wasn't overly dense and heavy as other cheesecakes, also I quite enjoyed the light biscuit base which was covered in delectably silky dark chocolate. 



On chocolate, I also had the double chocolate tart. It was covered with delectable pieces of candied puffed rice, which was what initially captivated my attention and drew me to this tiny work of art. The tart base was wonderfully crumbly and the chocolate filling was strong, rich and smooth (much like the ideal man of my dreams), without being overly sweet. Combined it made for a wonderfully balanced, decadent and delightful tart, which I have since yet to be able to get off my mind.


Since I wasn't able to get the desserts here off my mind, as my readers would have guessed. I went back within a few days. Again for a coffee and two sweets. 


This time I was drawn in by the bright pink love heart atop the strawberry mousse. It had a light vanilla sponge around it, stained by strawberry jam and was topped with some cream and some white chocolate decorations. I absolutely adored the light fruitiness of the strawberry mousse and found it to be delectably sweet and fresh, leaving me wanting a second or a third piece.


I also had a mint chocolate tart (no the green wasn't matcha unfortunately). The tart came topped with a mint candied chocolate mousse ball, which was just as light as the strawberry, although much more intense flavoured, especially when coupled with the mint candy coating. The tart was also crumbly like last time, but it was filled with a light mint jelly, which was very tasty and refreshing. Needless to say, I absolutely loved it.



Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 9/10

Madders Brothers Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete