Sunday 24 June 2018

Men Ya Go - Brisbane CBD



Without a doubt, one of the biggest things I've missed since my holiday in Japan a few months ago is without a doubt the food. With the cold winter having firmly set in, I am definitely craving a bowl of hot soupy ramen. Of course from my crash course in Japanese, I would have done my research in asking my sensei where to find the best ramen in Brisbane. Expecting her to say Taros, I was super surprised when she actually said it was Men Ya Go. So of course, I grabbed my two buddies and made the trek to Elizabeth Street for some investigation.


The menu itself was simple enough, with merely 8 noodle dishes and 2 rice dishes. We ordered at the counter and were given a number which was called when our food was ready.


Seating was sparse, consisting of two isles in the store which could probably hold 30 people at full capacity. Luckily the ramen came out quick and we were also fast eaters.


My companion ordered the shio ramen. It was topped with sprouts, bamboo shoots, two pieces of charsiu, spring onion, nori and half an egg and served in a bowl of thick porky salt based broth. It was reportedly very tasty and very salty. The noodles were tender and soup was rich and thick.


I ordered the black garlic ramen. It didn't contain sprouts, but had all the other elements of egg, nori, spring onion, shoots and charsiu. I also had an extra serve of noodles cos I was so hungry. I absolutely adored the fragrant black garlic taste. The noodles had a wonderful texture, smooth and soft without being overly mushy. The broth had a depth which I found to be on par with Taros, and I the charsiu melted in my mouth. My only suggestion would have been that the egg was a little overcooked for my liking, and could be a bit more runny.

Price Range: $10 - $15pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10


Men Ya Go Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment