Friday 27 July 2018

2018 Noodle Night Markets - Southbank


By now, my readers would know that right after Regional Flavours comes the annual Noodle Night Market (aka the highlight of my year). This year, I went on the first Friday, being the third day of operations. Crowds were insane. The whole place was bustling and I loved the vibe but hated the waits. As usual, I'll post some of my photos from my night out.




I didn't recall there being such a long line to get in last year!





I miss the cranes and the blow up panda and maneki neko. They were notably absent this year, although there was definitely more stores.





Unlucky person spun four years of bad luck as I walked past.


Kicked off with a crisp apple cider from James Squire. Was refreshing indeed.








At this point I ran into the super organised Brisvegustation. So of course, I hijacked his plan and stole his hit list (instead of coming prepared like a responsible person).

 


Kicked off our dinner with a KFC Puffle. Spicy fried chicken with kewpie mayo complemented the crisp puffle surprisingly well and provided for a good, albeit expensive appetiser,







 


Got some pork belly skewers from Hoy Pinoy. Pork was tender and delicious but banana glaze was very sweet and sticky. 



We also had a serve of Chicken Asado loaded fries. Fries really weren't too special, crinkle cut supermarket variety, but the Asado chicken was really next level with peppers, garlic and spices that completely elevated the dish.

 


 
 


Rounded off with a piece of strawberry watermelon cake from Black Star Pastry. Its consistency always blows my mind. As always, fresh, crisp, fragrant and a piece of happiness in my mouth to finish off a wonderful evening out.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete