Sunday 15 July 2018

Jacob's Ladder - Runcorn


Having gone around inner city suburbs for brunch, I found myself wanting to go somewhere closer to home on my day off last week, and doing some research found out about Jacobs Ladder at Runcorn, which happened to be a quick 15 minutes drive from home. Getting there at 10am on a Thursday morning, I was surprised at the fact that it was more than half full. Being situated in a shopping strip along Compton road, parking was relatively easy, which already impressed me as being more convenient than having to struggle every Saturday at New Farm or at Bulimba.

 


Grabbing a seat inside, it was again, counter service. Whilst the food menu was pretty standard, the drinks menu was really quite substantial and had a large selection of offerings. As the cafe was small, it wasn't necessary for us to get a number when we ordered, as staff were able to deliver food on facial recognition alone.


Unconventionally, our food came before our coffees, which still took a while to get here.


My companion ordered the triple cheesy toast. The three cheeses comprised of Mozarella, Swiss and Parmesan. For the price of $5.50, it was a fair value for a delicious cheesy snack on crusty sourdough. My companion noted that it had a good ratio of cheese to bread and enjoyed it quite a bit.


Being quite hungry, I opted for the Big Morning, which comprised of two pieces of sourdough, the efirst one was topped with poached eggs, spinach and smashed avocado with a side of dukka. The second piece was topped with haloumi and speck with a side of grilled tomato. Again the sourdough was quite crusty and delicious, I also enjoyed how the eggs were cooked perfectly and how the haloumi and speck were well caramelised. Having said that, I found avocado and spinach to be a very odd combination that was bland and not very flavoursome, despite the balsamic glaze.


My companion ordered the latte, which was served in a tall and elegant glass and served on a long wooden platter with a glass of water. She noted how creamy and frothy the drink was, but commented that it could have been a little stronger.



Wanting something different, I ordered the Pour Over. That day I was given the Tolima Organic blend from Columbia. It also came on a serving board with sparkling water, and I had a side of milk. It was smooth and rich with strong hints of chocolate which I really enjoyed.

Price Range: $10 - $25pp

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Environment: 7.5/10

Jacob's Ladder Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment