Wednesday 19 September 2018

Corbett and Claude - Upper Mt Gravatt


So for those who are aware, I work just upstairs from Corbett and Claude in the CBD, and as a result of this, Mr Claude is often my go to for morning coffee whist C&C is my backup for days when I forget to bring my packed lunch, but on my days off, I still found myself craving their food. So I found myself at their Garden City store after running a few errands.


With the place only half full at lunchtime, we found a seat quite quickly inside next to the bar. Setup was more well lit, but largely the same theme as the CBD store.

 

The menu was also the same as the CBD store, so I was able to order for the table without skipping a beat.


Our food came quite quickly, considering that the pizzas are freshly made.


The chicken bites came first. These were served with chipotle mayo. These were crispy and very well seasoned pieces of chicken breast that maintained their juiciness despite frying, the portion was fairly decent too. I was particularly impressed at the absence of oiliness on the exterior of the chicken as well. 


Our first pizza was the Forager, which comprised of mozzarella, prosciutto, mushroom, parmesan and truffle oil. Being a big fan of truffle pizza, this really hit the spot. The base was fresh, fluffy and doughy without being hard, but I would have preferred to have the toppings extend a bit further outwards. On the toppings, the mushroom, cheese and prosciutto really came together in a harmonious melody of flavour. I could probably eat this pizza every day forever.


To share, we also had a bowl of creamy mushroom linguine, topped with haloumi. Like the chicken, the haloumi wasn't overly oily, and had a delicious crunchy exterior. Compared with the pizza and chicken, the portion for linguine was small for a main size. Pasta had a delicious al dente texture and sauce was creamy. I suspect it would have been a little bland without the haloumi though.


Last pizza and everyone's else's favourite is always the cigar pizza. This was the maneater, and was filled with tomato sauce, meat balls, ham, pepperoni, mozzarella and bbq sauce. Depending on which part you get, the ends were very doughy, but the middle sections were loaded with filling. I loved the stringy mozzarella which complimented the tangy bbq sauce well. The meatballs crumbled inside my mouth and the ham was meaty and tasty. It provided a good contrast to the milder tasting forager pizza.


Price Range: $20 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Corbett & Claude Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment