Saturday 22 September 2018

Greek on Cav - Coorparoo


Without a doubt, I love Asian food, being of Asian heritage, it is hard to resist a steaming hot bowl of noodles on a cold winters day. Having said that, I do get the not infrequent, very strong cravings for Greek food every couple of weeks. Having gone to all the hotspots in West End, I thought that this time I would venture a little further and try my luck at Coorparoo, where I had incidentally completed my primary education back in the day. 


Arriving at about 12 on a Saturday, the restaurant was half full and filled with a cheerful relaxed vibe which I really liked. 



Menus were provided by the very cheerful manager, and it contained all the essential elements you would want from a Greek restaurant such as platters and mains.


Putting our order through, our dip and pita bread was first to arrive. It was slightly warmed, and very tasty, especially whens served with my favourite garlic potato dip, skordalia. The potato had a good smooth texture with a strong garlic paste at the bottom. It was well received around the table.


Our mains came fairly quickly after we finished our appetizers, and it was quite a bit of meaty delight.


Having ordered the meat platter, it came with lamb and chicken souvlaki, Greek meatballs, lamb cutlets, lemon potato and haloumi. My favourite of this dish was surprisingly the Greek meatballs which were crumbly and well seasoned, when dipped in the Greek yoghurt, it added a layer of tang and smoothness to it. My companions liked the souvlaki, which again were well seasoned with lemon and rosemary. Despite how meaty it was, it wasn't a very heavy dish.


With one companion being quite the carnivore, we also had half a grilled chicken, topped with a honey mustard dressing and served wtih lemon potatoes. Not being regularly exposed to such a flavour palate, I found it to be quite enjoyable and refreshing take on roasted chicken. The chicken itself was quite tender and succulent, with a nice chargrilled skin. 


As a side, we got another serve of lemon potatoes, because I love lemon potatoes. These were lightly seasoned with herbs but doused in considerable lemon juice, making for a comforting and yet sharp experience which I really enjoyed. 

Price Range: $25 - $40pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Greek on Cav Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment