Friday 28 September 2018

Fritzenberger - Wilston


Last weekend, I had to work, as all poor girls do, so as to be able to put food on the table. Luckily for me though, I had the good fortune of being able to attend Fritzenberger's opening event as FoodieAdam's dining companion. What better way to enjoy the remnants of my weekend on a Saturday afternoon than with burgers, chips and great company. Arriving there at 3pm, our table was set and there were a few other tables grazing their afternoon meal. Having only tried their Paddington store via Foodora, I was super excited to be able to have some fresh.

 

Drinks came out first, I opted for a diet coke to somewhat balance the gluttony that stood before me. The table was also decked out with a considerable number of salt shakers so that we could sprinkle them on our chips when they came out.


 

 


First up we got to try a large selection of sides including mac and cheese balls, caesar salad, loaded fries and tomato with mozzarella. My favourites were the super indulgent mac and cheese balls which were fresh, crisp, hot and had a gooey stringy centre. Second pick would be the crunchy and refreshing casear salad which was of a very high standard from burger place.


 

Without a doubt though, our main attraction was the burger and chips. I tried a Fritzenberger with bacon as well as a side of chips. The burger had a soft fluffy bun, a nicely caramelized meat patty along with fresh salad and crunchy bacon. All filling elements were executed well and I found them to be thoroughly enjoyable. Only improvement I would suggest is that the buns would have been far superior if toasted. Chips were handcut with skin on, also very fresh and tasty. Exterior was crisp but filling was reasonably firm. It went well with the variety of salts we had to try.

 

For dessert, I tried the vanilla ice cream with nutella. Ice cream was quite sweet and had a nice texture to it, making for delightful conclusion to a wonderful meal.

Espresso and Matcha got to enjoy this complimentary meal by freeloading off FoodieAdam's invite. But as always, my opinions are solely my own.

Price Range: $10 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Fritzenberger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment