Tuesday 30 October 2018

Espresso & Matcha's Saporous Expedition - Adelaide: Nano Coffee


Having done research as usual, I made sure to try out one of the higher rated cafes in Adelaide before our trip back home. Unfortunately one of the restraints that we have to contend with when travelling for work is that if we want to have a proper sit down breakfast, it needs to be done quite early in the day before our appointments commence. Luckily I was able to do some digging and found that Nano Coffee, a popular among the locals, did in fact open quite early. So we check out of our hotel and headed there bright and early. 



We ended up being the first ones in there at 7am. Without menus, we were able to make our choice through the options on the board, ordered at the counter and got a number to take to our table.


Despite my usual preference of seating indoors, I found the laneway Nano was situated in to be very quaint and picturesque, so we opted for outside seating, especially given that it wasn't yet overly hot so early in the morning.



Our coffees came quite promptly. Iron Fist had his usual flat white and I my cappuccino. We liked that they were quite strong and bold, but agreed that it could have been smoother. My cappuccino was also a bit overdone with chocolate, which is not ideal.


Food came soon after. I liked that they had a build your own breakfast option, which meant that we could customise and load out plates with all our favourites.


Iron fist's breakfast comprised of the standard eggs and a home made bread roll, with additions of bacon, spinach and sausages. As all of his items were also found on my plate, I'll be reviewing them together.


Not wanting to decide too much, I opted for breakfast with the lot, so it contained eggs, the bread roll, tomato, mushroom, spinach, bacon, sausages and pancetta. I enjoyed the vegetable elements of the breakfast, which were executed quite well and cooked to had just the right amount of charring on the mushrooms and tomatoes. Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same of the bacon which was a little underdone for my taste. The eggs were moulded to the same shape, while it is probably done for consistency, I do prefer individually prepared eggs. The bread roll tasted a bit like damper and was dense, but soft and filling. 

Price Range: $15  -$25pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Nano Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment