Friday 19 October 2018

Reverends Fine Coffee - Fortitude Valley


Having been to a lot of the more popular cafes, sometimes I have found that busyness is often used as an excuse for sub par food and brusque attitude on behalf of staff. Once in a while though, I get the opportunity to go to a place that is has both the buzz of keen enthusiastic staff along with amazing food, despite the Saturday peak hour for brunch. Reverends at Fortitude Valley was one such cafe. Killing time in between appointments, I found myself in the valley in search of food last Saturday morning. 

 

Lining up at the counter, the menu was short and sweet, containing quite a few options that I would love to go back and try. Of course, being the girl that I am, I opted for the basic eggs and toast with extras, just to test out the waters.


As I mentioned, the place was packed, both front and back. I had to wait a fair while before getting a table, and the staff were very apologetic about the wait.


The coffee that came right after I sat down, was immensely smooth, maybe even one of the best coffees I've had this year. It was strong with a wonderful body and milk foam that was like velvet on my tongue. Topped with grated chocolate, this was definitely a memorable cappuccino that I would come back for.


As my readers would probably have guessed by now, I had my eggs and toast with a side of bacon and avocado. The eggs were perfectly poached with a delectably runny interior and a fully cooked interior. The maple bacon wasn't overly salty for once, was cut to a good thickness, had a crispy exterior and a sweet maple glaze that really made it stand out from the usual salty bacon. Having seen some photos online, I was surprised to see my avocado come out smashed rather than sliced, however it was seasoned with tasty sour cream to keep it tangy. Sourdough was dense and filling too. 



Price range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 8/10

Reverends Fine Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment