Thursday 27 December 2018

HiHi Tea - West End



Wandering around West End after another successful food crawl, we had aimed to walk off some of the bloat. We ended up walking straight into HiHi Desserts and Drinks for his fix of bubble tea and cake. 


I appreciate the bright and crisp interior. Service was quick and efficient at the counter and we were soon seated at one of the last tables in house. Customers streamed in and out during the evening, most of them had take away, as is expected from a bubble tea joint. 


With both Matcha Mousse and Tiramisu, it was a hard choice for me that evening. I guess I’ll just have to come back at a later time to try the matcha. 



The Tiramisu was simple and elegant. I loved how delicate and refined it looked. The mousse was airy and light with not much by way of cheesiness, and the cake inside had hints of coffee at best. I wish it were stronger. 


 

Our drinks came soon after the slice of cake. He had the Brown Sugar Milk Tea with Pearls and I had a hot Matcha Latte. As a guy who loves his sweets and always orders his drinks at full sweetness, even this was too much for him to handle. I tried one sip and gagged at consuming my whole days’ worth of sugar in a mouthful. It was almost as if the sugar in my cup had been given to him instead, as my Matcha latte, which I had ordered less sweet, came out completely unsweetened (thank goodness). It was rich and creamy with a granulated powdery texture of matcha infused throughout the cup. 


Price Range: $5 - $15pp

 Taste: 4/10
Value: 4/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 7/10

Hihi Drinks & Desserts Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment