Wednesday 12 December 2018

Merlo - Fortitude Valley


Being a big fan of Merlo Coffee (having subsisted off them since my days in university), I had always been keen to try out their stand alone store at Fortitude Valley. Unfortunately it is neither near work nor home for me, which meant it was not easy to get to, but having a breakfast nearby provided the perfect opportunity for us to grab a quick coffee beforehand.



Being a cafe and coffee roaster, there was no shortage of beans and coffee options. With Adam running late (tsk tsk), I had to make the order before he arrived.



As expected from a cafe, I got a number and found a seat. I loved the thematic white and blue colouring with the sharpness of tiles. 


Our coffees came fairly soon, in fact they came before Adam did. Knowing his preferences though, I ordered him a cold drip. It was sharp, crisp and refreshing.


I had my usual cappuccino in a mug. It was also strong and sharp, but with the added creaminess and comfort of rich smooth milk. Had the coffee come with a bit less cocoa and instead some freshly shaved chocolate, it would have been close to perfect.

Price Range: $3 - $15pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Merlo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment