Wednesday 27 March 2019

Jacaranda - West End


Have long been curious of the highly acclaimed Jacaranda Coffee Lane at West End, but with Adam's busy schedule, it's always hard to find time to go try places on my hit list. Luckily last weekend, he had a business appointment across the road and I was given the opportunity to have an hour of alone time to check it out for a quick Saturday Brunch.


Arriving at 10, the place was packed, as you would expect from such a popular cafe. 


The menu was different from the usual cafe menus we see, with quite a few Asian inspired dishes. That doesn't mean that I won't stick with my usual favourite though ;).

 

Being such a hot day, I couldn't resist a second drink. Opting for an orange juice to start, it was sweet and refreshing, also served delightfully pulp free, as all orange juices should be (if I wanted pulp, I'd just eat an orange). My second drink was an iced latte. It came out with some cold milk foam and was chilled via coffee ice cubes, always a winner in my books.


As always, I had the eggs on toast option, this dish was served with avocado and roasted mushroom. I added on a side of smoked salmon. Plating was pretty spectacular. The eggs were a little small, but poached perfectly and garnished with black and white sesame. The avocado was ripe and delicious whilst the mushrooms were well seasoned. Salmon tasted fairly standard like you would be able to get from a supermarket though.


Finishing off my meal, my friendly waiter gave me a a complimentary fruit dessert. With apple, grape and watermelon topped with cream and sprinkles, this simple addition added a great deal of happiness to my day.

Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 8/10

Jacaranda Coffee Lane Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment