Saturday 30 March 2019

Three Beans Cafe - Brisbane CBD


Despite working just next to Eagle Street, I was surprised not to have heard of three beans cafe, a fairly popular cafe hailing from the southern states which had opened up where the sanitarium cafe used to be. It was only when Adam took me out to lunch there that I learned of their existence, better late than never I guess.


Seating was largely outdoors, and although we had no air conditioning, we had the consolation of a large pitcher of icy water to start with.



The menu is as you would expect of a cafe, there were breakfast options (all day!), healthy bowls, sandwiches, burgers and wraps.


Starting off, we had some drinks to begin.


He had his standard cold brew, crisp and refreshing but on the lighter side. Given the recent weather, I was not able to indulge in a hot drink, so I tried out their mixed berry smoothie, which was delicious and tart with a considerable amount of berries.


Our food came as we were halfway through our drinks. 


Adam, of course had the burger special. In fact, that was the main reason why he went. With a brioche bun, pickled cucumber, meat pattie, lettuce, and melty cheese, he couldn't resist but to add bacon to it (to balance out the healthy salad on the side). Sneaking a bite myself, the bun was quite fluffy, the cheese and sauce added moisture to the crumbly beef patty whilst the cucumber and lettuce kept it fresh. It was a surprisingly well balanced burger, especially for someone who often prefers the double pattie ratio on their burgers.

Nothing compliments a burger like a side of fries. These were the large fries, shoesting cut as all the best fries are, and served with mayo. Fresh and delicious, I had more than my fair share.


Never forgoing a chance to indulge in all day breakfasts, I had the powerhouse breakfast, their take on the big breakfast. It consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrown, mushrooms, grilled tomato and toast. I added extra avocado for health ;). I'm glad they separated the butter from the toast, so I could avoid it. The hashbrown was unbelievably crispy, the bacon had a nice edge to it and the mushrooms were well seasoned. The eggs were a tad overdone though with a fairly gelatinous centre, making for an overall amazing meal.

Espresso and Matcha got to enjoy this complimentary meal by freeloading off FoodieAdam's invite. But as always, my opinions are solely my own. 

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Environment: 7/10


Three Beans Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment