Saturday 14 September 2019

Come Buy - Woolloongabba



As a proud HongKonger, to me there is no snack that better represents home than the traditional egg waffle (controversial topic, I know, given the popularity of wanton soup and beef offal noodle soup). So as always, I am on a never ending quest to try out new exciting venues in my pursuit of the perfect egg waffle, and this journey has now brought me to the new branch of ComeBuy in Buranda Shopping Village. 



I am always a big fan of their Myer store, always picking up a waffle and a drink before each movie, and it was nice to be able to get some in the suburbs without having to go all the way to the city. Menu wise, it was far more similar to the Myer branch than their boutique at Garden City. Having said that, both their drinks and waffle menu were a lot more condensed. The waffles were by default plain but you could add on any number of fillings and toppings for extra charge. 


Ordering at the counter, our drinks were made fresh and quickly.


In terms of drinks, we shared a Pearl Milk Tea, Jasmine Green Tea and Ceylon Teaccino. These were fresh, fragrant and definitely reminded me of the teas I had in my trips across Taiwan. Compared to the newer type bubble tea places with a variety of fruits and foams, I definitely enjoy the traditional options a lot more.

 

We also had two egg waffles to share, one original and one with chocolate chips. Compared to the Myer store with its chocolate egg waffle, I actually found the chocolate chip to be a really enjoyable in the fact that it provided a good variation in waffle texture. Fresh and crispy, we really liked the egg waffles here.

Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10
Comebuy Tea Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment