Sunday 29 September 2019

Reuben's Deli and Bar - Paddington


Have long wanted to check out Reuben in Paddington since I saw some articles about their opening a couple months ago. Reading subsequent reviews have only made me want to go even more, so last weekend I decided not to delay anymore and made some plans to get brunch there with a friend.


Arriving at 9.30 on Saturday morning, the cafe was half full and we got a table outside where we could peek into the kitchen and watch the chef make our meals.

 

I quite liked the menu with its abundance of savoury options. Most dishes contained elements of pastrami, which I was really keen to try out. 



My friend ordered a mocha whilst I had a cappuccino. These were fairly strong and served hot. I liked the additional biscuit on the side. Was a great way to start our meal.


Our meals came out without too much of a wait, about when we were half way through our coffee.


My companion had the bacon and egg melt. Comprising of grilled bacon, scrambled egg, American and Swiss cheeses along with bacon and onion jam, it definitely gave me food envy. He enjoyed it thoroughly. I liked the filling to bread ratio and it made for good value.



There was little doubt in my mind that I would be getting the Pastrami Hash with its roasted potato "home fries" tossed with house cured and smoked pastrami, caramelised onion and topped with a sunny egg. Of course I added avocado for good measure. The egg was fried perfectly. I love the slight crispy edge, and the runny yolk. The highlight of the meal was without a doubt the cured pastrami, which was deliciously stringy and smokey. As for the potatoes, they could have been a little crispier, and a bit less oily, but overall it was a satisfying dish of comfort food.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10
Reuben's Deli & Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete