Monday 23 September 2019

Espresso & Matcha’s Fifth Anniversary

Dear Readers

As September rolls around, we have again reached our anniversary date, marking six years of consistently documenting my gastronomical adventures around Brisbane and interstate. Another year having passed, it comes time again for some reflection and contemplation. For those of you familiar with my previous anniversary posts, this one has been one of the hardest for me to write, and comes from a place deeper than I thought was humanely possible.

If you asked me two months ago where I thought the direction of my blog (and my life) was headed, I would have given you a completely different (and far more naively joyful) view than I currently have. Until now. a person who I had devoted myself to and given to unconditionally had been living a double life for months before I found out. In a matter of days the sky fell down around me and the ground under my feet gave way. For a long time now, I had unknowingly been walking through an insidious hall of twisted mirrors of warped realities. Everything I believed was true was a fabrication and it shook me to the very core of my being and made me doubt the very essence of veracity.

Yet in the midst of adversity, I found strength. I found courage from my most beloved friends and family. I found support from new friends and the broader community in a way I had never fathomed. I found dedication and passion in the pride I have in my work and the results I had achieved. I found humanity in knowing that even though I had gone through a disaster, there are many people in the world who are far less fortunate than me and now maybe I could do my part to help those who need it more than me.

Honestly, when reality struck me, I had considered giving up my blog and my insta. Perhaps it was stubbornness, perhaps it was vanity, but here I am, still updating every few days. In the face of adversity, I have found the truth that I am stronger than I had ever believed possible as well as the determination to carry on what I believe in. So after six years of writing, I thank you, dear reader, for coming with me along this journey. At this point, I have no clue what the future holds, but all I can do is face it head on.

As always, thanks for reading. If you want to contact me, feel free to send me a message to my insta Espresso_and_Matcha or email me at EspressoAndMatcha@gmail.com

-Hsiao Fu

No comments:

Post a Comment