Monday 14 December 2020

Mr Su Kitchen - Brisbane CBD


Weekday work lunch and I was keen for asian food so I checked out the newer options in the Queens Plaza food court for inspiration. One of the earliest to open was Mr Su Kitchen. Although it was the middle of summer, I can hardly resist a malatang, especially when I can take it back to the comfort of my air conditioned seat to enjoy. 


There was a moderate amount of ingredients to choose from, the meats were a bit fatty for my taste, but the veggies were fresh and it also had a small amount of offal to choose from. The price was $3.20 per 100g which was roughly market value. Sauces were served to you when your order was ready and there really wasn't too much to choose from which was somewhat disappointing. 


Making my selection and paying, I was told that my order was over 700g, which was surprising as I usually get around 500g of ingredients. Nevertheless I paid selected my original soup. Once complete, I asked for two spoons of garlic and one spoon of scallions before taking it back to my desk. It was still very hot despite the transport. In terms of quantity, there really wasn't all that much food, which made me doubt whether or not my bowl was included in the weight of my order on top of my ingredients. The meats that I did get were not overdone and the veggies were also quite tender as were the rice noodles. The soup though was quite a letdown. Although I had asked for original rather than spicy, this was really extremely bland and tasted more or less like salt water. Probably one of the weakest soups I've had in Brisbane, would not recommend.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 5/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: N/A 

Mr Su Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment