Saturday 16 January 2021

Fritzenburger - Southbank


Sometimes you get really good experience with a food delivery, sometimes you wonder whether or not it's worth using at all. Unfortunately my experience with Fritzenburger at Southbank last weekend was in the second category. Having spent way to much time watching Netflix, I had lost track of the time and so we ended up getting our dinner delivered instead of cooking. The delivery driver was friendly but the food did take a while to get here.


I had ordered two burgers and a side of chips for the two of us. The first point of concern was the bottom of the bag which was already slick with oil and sauce and at risk of breaking from how wet it had gotten. I didn't really even want to put the bag on our kitchen table.


Dr L had the Bacon Burger, it allegedly contains a beef patty, bacon, cheddar, lettuce, tomato and onion. The only problem was that they missed the bacon outright. I would have been more forgiving if they had missed a special request I added on the side, but to miss the main ingredient of one of their most popular burgers was disappointing to say the least. As for the burger itself, the top bun was fairly light and fluffy but the bottom bun was quite soaked with sauces. The meat patty was quite thick compared to our recent foray into smash patties and obviously very moist with juices, oils and sauces. Salads were abundant.



I ordered the Cheese X Burger, with its two beef patties, onion and pickle. I was unsure why there were fragments of lettuce in my burger, but at least it wasn't short of stipulated ingredients. the bottom bun was almost completely disintegrated from the inundation of sauces, oils and juices to the point where it had leaked all over the box, out onto the bag and I suspect into the delivery driver's car. I was unable to lift the burger without getting all the sauces over my hands and ended up having to eat it with cutlery. Had it not been for this though, the burger was fairly average. The patties were thick and juicy but not overly flavoursome, I did enjoy the cheese and as mentioned, the was way too much sauce.


The redeeming factor was definitely the large chips. Although it was expensive for what was provided, at least dry and not soggy. It was only lightly salted and not overly tasty but after that burger was a welcome change. I was fairly disappointed in the overall experience and would definitely not recommend. The bad thing about getting delivery is the inability to even speak with staff about these kind of issues and all I can do is hope they improve.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 3/10
Value: 3/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: N/A 

Fritzenberger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment