Wednesday 13 January 2021

Viet Pho Ever - Woolloongabba


Having ordered quite a few food deliveries lately, from being lazy over the new year to being forced to stay indoors due to the most recent lockdown, there is little that I appreciate better than restaurants that are actually able to follow special requests. Last Monday I had just that experience with Viet Pho Ever at Woolloongabba. Working from home whilst Dr L, being the essential worker that he is, had to head out into the unknown, I was left to fend for myself without wanting to head out to get some more groceries. Luckily Doordash came to the rescue and I got to try out Viet Pho Ever.


Having to meet the $20 quota for one wasn't easy but I ended up getting a bowl of pho and a side of spring rolls. Service was friendly and I ended up getting my food a lot earlier than I had anticipated which was great.


My spring rolls came with extra sweet chilli sauce and two complimentary prawn crackers, which was a little extra and made a bit of difference. Despite the distance it was served fairly crispy and warm with fresh fillings. Although it was quite expensive for what it was, the quality was fairly good.


It really says a lot about the current state of delivery services that I am very happy when a restaurant actually reads my requests on the order. I had asked for no sprouts (to save wastage because I am not a fan) and extra noodles (because there was no extras options on doordash for Viet Pho Ever). I was given both and this is highly commendable.


Onto the meal itself, another thing I really enjoyed was the soup being kept separate from the noodles. Although it came fairly hot already, I was able to heat it up to boiling before pouring it over my noodles. The serving size was generous and I could definitely appreciate the amount of extra noodles provided. Soup was a little light in taste but still hit the spot. Noodles were silky smooth without being overly oily and beef was not too rare but still thinly sliced and tender. Will definitely have to go back to the shop when I can for another round soon.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 9.5/10
Environment: N/A

Viet Pho Ever Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment