Friday 28 May 2021

Hi Five - Brisbane CBD


Had heard from a friend that there was a new Chinese restaurant situated under 55 Elizabeth St. Had a panicked 5 minutes where I thought that Jiabaway had closed down. Turns out the new place, Hi Five, had opened further along the strip and took up the spot beside Jackpot. With a lot of similarities to the menu at JiaBaWay, I was quite curious to go try it out and see how they could open something similar a mere couple of shopfronts away.


The main focus was a selection of rice and noodle dishes and some dumpling options. They had combo meals that came with a main, a side and a drink. In this day and age, it's pretty good value. I ordered at the counter and got a seat to await my food.



My spring rolls arrived first. Although they weren't evenly fried evenly, they were fresh and juicy albeit a little bit oily. It would have been nice with a bit of dipping sauce. The fillings were moist with juicy meat and veggies. I suspect that if I left it sitting for a while it would have been a bit soggy, still it was enjoyable when I had it.


The main was braised beef noodle. The bowl was quite big but the filling wasn't too much. The noodles erred on the softer side and the serving size was alright. In terms of beef though, it was tender and well seasoned but there was only a handful of small pieces at most. It's definitely not comparable to the ones you would be able to get at Sunnybank, but for the city it's definitely a decent option if I'm craving comfort food.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10  

Hi Five Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment