Saturday 22 May 2021

Jocelyns Provisions - Brisbane CBD



Another day in the office and I decided it would be a good opportunity to try something different for a change and walked down to Eagle St to grab some pastries from Jocelyn's Provisions.


Although I arrived just before lunch, a lot of their pastries had already been sold out and there was only a small selection left, along with a vast array of cakes.


Other than that, hot food like pies and sausage rolls were hidden behind the counter, I had to really look for them to find it.


I ended up getting two items to go, a Lamb and Rosemary Pie along with the last Chocolate Croissant.



I had heard good things about the pies, but this definitely exceeded my expectations. The pastry was wonderfully flakey and the base wasn't overly dense. There was a good amount of mince and some chunks of meat within the filling and the gravy was one of the most flavoursome I've had for a while now. There was also some very tender carrot and potato in the pie which was great.


The croissant I had was also excellent. It was light and flakey without being oily or greasy. The chocolate filling inside was also a lot more generous than others I'd had before. It was a balanced dessert after the meaty pie that didn't leave me with too much guilt. This is definitely one of the best pastry shops I've been to lately.

 Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

Jocelyn's Provisions Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment