Wednesday 19 May 2021

Rabbit and Co - Coorparoo


Had brunch before an appointment on the weekend and decided to try out Rabbit and Co at Coorparooo which has long been popular with the locals. Noting how popular brunch places have been lately, we made a booking early on to ensure we didn't need to wait for a table.

 

Rather than being given physical menus, we had a QR code which enabled us to order and pay for it online. Notably both breakfast and lunch menus were available during brunch time and the selection was fairly mainstream. I do prefer ordering via the app as it allows me to take my time choosing and it also means that I dont need to flag down waitstaff to put down my order or to get the bill.


Drinks wise I had my usual skinny cappucino. I had it in large and it wasn't overly big but it was definitely strong and the milk was creamy. There wasn't too much chocolate on it, but the caffeine hit was what I needed.


On chocolate, Dr L obviously had his iced chocolate. It came with not one but two scoops of ice cream. The portion was quite big and it was quite sweet, just the way that he likes it. There was a generous amount of chocolate syrup around the cup as well and he really liked it.


Opting for the lunch menu, he had the fish and chips. It came with four sticks of fish, some chips and a serve of salad. Both the fish and chips were quite crispy and crunchy, however the fish had quite a fishy smell to it. Adding lemon juice to it helped a bit but tartare sauce would have been a better option than the mayonnaise. The chips were generous in portion and the salad was a good balance to the meal.


Those who know me know that I can't resist a customisable breakfast. Rabbit and Co has a dish of eggs on toast with three additional sides. I went with salmon, avocado and hash browns. The eggs were soft poached and had a sufficiently runny yolk. The sourdough was small and there was only one piece. I definitely had far more avocado than sourdough. The salmon was fairly generous and the hash brown was crisp. We had a good time and would be keen to come back soon to try the other offerings.

Price Range: $25 - $30pp

Taste: 8/10 
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10
 

Rabbit & Amp Co. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment