Tuesday 1 February 2022

Gongcha - Garden City

 

Was keen on grabbing a soft serve at Tsuki Patisserie whilst I was at Garden City, but it turns out that they actually close at 5.30pm, meaning that we had to pivot on the spot. Sticking with the tried and true, we saw the long line up outside of Gong Cha at 8 Street and joined at the end.



Between stores, their menu remains consistent, as does their efficiency in preparing drinks. Although the menu was the same, I decided to try something new (for a change). Given the length of the queue, it took a little while for our beverages to be made.



He had an earl grey with three jelly, I had asked for no sugar and standard ice. Compared to other places the which we have had drinks with no ice, this was served a lot warmer than I would have liked and it wasn't chilled. Wanting to try something new, I had a grapefruit green tea with strawberry popping pearls. Turns out the pearls didn't pop and they were quite firm with a significant artificial strawberry flavour. The tea itself was quite fruity but even with little sugar, it tasted very sweet. I think next time I'll just stick to my usual.

Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment