Saturday 16 April 2022

Hotstar - Brisbane CBD


One good opening deserves another and the day after Milksha opened, Hot Star Large Fried Chicken (finally) opened their long awaited Brisbane CBD store which opened dangerously within a stones throw of my office, which means that every day I will be subject to the temptation at least twice. Obviously I had to rush in on the day it opened just to get some as soon as possible. 


Being the first day of trade, it was somewhat underprepared. No sides were available and all they had was fried chicken. No complaints because it gives me more reason to come back again. Prices had been put up a little bit since I what I remember from Sunnybank but I guess that's because of city rent.


As an opening special, they were giving away little purses with every purchase. It was very cute but I've yet to figure out what to put in it. 

 

It didn't take very long for my original fried chicken to come out. It was of course sprinkled with a generous serve of seaweed. Crisp outside and moist inside, it was just as I had remembered from my travels in Taiwan. The chicken was well seasoned and the meat was firm but tender. I absolutely loved the chicken and will be coming back again soon. My only feedback would be for them to use bigger chickens so I can get an even bigger chicken fillet. Can't wait to try the sides.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 7/10
Services: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment